I am still chipping away at my 20 T-shirts.
I was a little horrified today when I realized that I have been working on this project for almost four months and I have only completed four projects.
But I have only two choices Stop or Continue.
I am pretty happy with my most recent creation even if I am not proud of how slowly it was churned out and therefore the answer is obvious. So, I will continue at my embarrassingly snail like pace.
I would like to spin out beautiful creations daily and share them here but there isn't really a snowballs chance of that happening. For now. all I can do is continue to enjoy the process and accept the pace at which I progress.
And now a brief and slightly boring over view of the project.
I started with these two shirt. (The yellow button down is actually the 21st shirt so I may or may not feel obligated to use it all up in this project)
The back had this big screen print on it so I thought I could cover it up with one of the sleeves.
I liked the arch of the sleeve and the hem of the yellow shirt made a nice bit of contrast.
I made the letter and number templates on my computer, ironed some interfacing to a piece of the yellow shirt and cut out the design.
This is the back laid out to sew how it would look.
The shirt was too big for me so I needed to re-size it before I went any further.
I wanted a more fitted look than baggy jersy look.
As you can see there was a screen print to deal with on the front as well.
The sleeves from the yellow dress shirt made new sleeves for my t-shirt and I covered the screen print with a circle of black fabric.
Then I trimmed and hemmed the sleeves and cut the sleeve stripes from the other t-shirt sleeve.
I bought a Steeler patch on line and then all I had left to do was hours of basting and sewing.
I got to wear my creation last Sunday when the Steelers beat the Bengals.