Every little bit counts right? I am diverting a little from pure upcycling projects to visit the bigger picture of what it means to be more green and reduce our carbon footprints, even if it is just a little bit. To that end here is a list of some small things I did this week.
1) Said no thanks to plastic bags when I only had a couple of items.
2) Brought my own bags on bigger shopping trips.
3) Made sun tea with mint from my garden in an old empty jar.
4) Managed some weeds with vinegar instead of pesticides using an upcycled milk jug as a spray bottle.
5) Dried my laundry outside in the sunshine.
6) Walked to the post office instead of driving. The dogs like this one a lot :-)
7) Swept my floor by using used dryer sheets on my swiffer sweeper instead of pricey new swiffer pads. I also like to use my dryer sheets more than once in the dryer. It softens them up more and makes them work better on the sweeper.
I know these are all tiny little things but it is all the small things that add up. And it starts with awareness. Of course there are hundreds of other ways to choose to be green and I will continue to try to make more green choices in the future. How about you are there some small changes you could make to be more green? Feel free to share your thoughts here.