I have several pots of flowers in my yard and one of them had gotten particularly over crowded. And you know what happens whenever there is overcrowding, tempers flare, personalities clash and there can even be some pushing and shoving. This is how I found myself in need of a smallish pot to transplant the poor little celosia that was being smothered by some big bully type yellow mums.
So I went about searching through my fine collection of un-discardable trash and found these.
I wasn't entirely certain what I was going to do. But I find that is often the case. My projects rarely come together just as I picture them in my head. The only real priority was to put an end to carnage that was taking place in flower pot, we will call it, 3 to protect the names of the innocent.
So I just started cutting (not very straight you will notice) and here is what evolved.
Labels removed and top cut off.
Cut in eight sections from top to bottom. You might want to make your sections more even than mine.
Cut eight strips from a second bottle and glue in place. I only had four clips so I had to glue in stages rather than all at once.
Spray paint if desired.
As you can see it is not a perfect shape. If I make another one I might try to be a little more careful rather than using the slap it together method. Anyway I am filing this project under functional not great works of art so I think I can call it a success.
Here is my poor little beat up celosia too afraid to even stand up straight. I am hopeful that it will regain its self-esteem now that it is away from the mean yellow mums.
Here it is in its new home way across the yard from the mum gangs.