It is good to be back up and running after living for several days without my computer, but of course it has put me behind on a lot of things. Anyway, this weeks project is more about function than form as you can clearly see from the photo. :-)
It all started with the challenge of making my Halloween costume from items that I already have laying around the house. I am still working on the actual costume to be revealed next week provided I actually finish it. But here are the ever so important under parts.
For the crinoline slip skirt I started with a men's tee shirt that I had already cut the sleeves off of, for who knows what crazy project.
Step 1- Cut off the top of the T-shirt just under the neck line.
Step 2 - Turn the t-shirt inside out and mark the front seam line from top to bottom on either of the existing side seams.
Step 3 - Sew and trim seam.
Step 4 - Fold down the top for the waistband allowing for drawcord width and seam.
Step 5 - Stitch and insert drawcord.
Step 6 - Cut gather and sew the netting pieces for the bottom of the skirt. I just happened to have a netting bed canopy that I was planning to sell in my Ebay store until I discovered that it had several rips in it.
So I decided to cut it up instead. I have to be honest this stuff is not very enjoyable to work with. It is quite unruly and gets caught on everything.
It took several pieces but eventually I did make it all the way around the bottom.
You might not believe me but I really hadn't paid any attention to the screen print until I took this picture. But now it make me giggle :-)
For the bustle I used a grocery bag stuffed fairly tightly with other plastic bags and tied at the handles.
Then I just taped the handles to make the loop smaller and hold it in the right place.
And tied it onto the back of the "Bad Ass" petticoat.
Thanks for stopping by.